Thursday, December 10, 2015

10. Olga Preobrajenska teaching in Paris




       Here you can see how I spent the last of my days.  Here I was, in my ripe young age of 83, teaching at a small studio in Paris.  You can see me greeting one of my dearest, and most esteemed young pupils out of the many that I have taught.  Ludmilla Tcherina was one of the most famous actresses in her day in Paris, as well as being the youngest girl ever to be offered a principle position in the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo. And where did all that young talent begin? In my classroom.

    The year was 1959 when this video was taken, and I still demonstrated combinations to the best of my ability. as I still loved dancing, and wished to pass down my lyrical technique to the next generation of dancers.


Video:

Pathe, British. "83 Year Old Ballet Teacher (1959)." YouTube. YouTube, 13 Apr. 2014. Web. 11 Dec. 2015. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDgEB5iK-9o>.

No comments:

Post a Comment