Friday, December 11, 2015

8. Marius Petipa

 
    This is my mentor, Marius Ivanovich Petipa. He is by far the most momentous factor in my success as a dancer.  Under his supervision in the Imperial Ballet company, I reached new heights (and I'm not just reffering to how high my legs and jumps went).  He was and is still considered to be one of the best and most influential choreographers in ballet history. Choreographing ballets such as Don Quixote, Harlequinade and many more, many of which I was in. Although the man was often hard to deal with, and spoke very little Russian, being from Marseilles in France, I would've never gotten to be the great dancer and teacher I was.

Picture:
"Don Quixote." Teatr Wielki Opera Narodowa. Web. 11 Dec. 2015. <http://teatrwielki.pl/en/repertoire/calendar/2014-2015/don-quixote/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment