Thursday, December 10, 2015

9. Esmerelda Variation















     This is Esmerelda variation from the ballet "La Esmerelda", choreographed by one of my greatest mentors, Marius Petipa. Although this is not performed by me, I have performed this in my lifetime. This is by far one of the hardest dances I have ever performed because of it's demanding use of flexibility, turns and stamina. This also posed a greater challenge to me because of it's sharp-accented movement which opposes my natural fluidity and lyricality. This is an example of a role I performed that was very out of my element.



Video:

Fogarty, Miko. "Miko Fogarty, 16, Moscow IBC 2013 Gold Medalist Final Round - Esmeralda -." YouTube. YouTube, 24 June 2013. Web. 11 Dec. 2015. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lAMbJUXfc>.

No comments:

Post a Comment